Spanish blogger Vianei shows us how to wear a hat
There’s something timeless about wearing a hat. Something elegant and very much today, no matter the decade or season. A hat always adds something to an outfit- always. But how to wear a hat? The finalists in our latest Guests of Fashion Instagram contest provided us with a ton of inspiration. One look stood out, and you guys voted for it. Spanish fashion blogger Vianei wowed with her H&M hat, Zara poncho and sweater, Lucky Brand jeans and Louis Vuitton tote.
Here’s what Vianei’s look tells us about how to wear a hat:
- Don’t wear too many accessories. The hat should steal the show.
- The hat should fit your head. That seems obvious, but if your hat is too big, it’ll look sloppy.
- Wear a hat that adds something to the outfit you’re wearing. Vianei’s look incorporates several tones and her hat brings out the light brown in her sweater.
- Hat should stand out, but not TOO much. For casual looks, there is no need for elaborate hats. Rather, a simple fedora like Vianei’s does the trick.
- Get the angle right: you may want to push a beanie back, but fedoras will rest quite low on your forehead.
- How to wear a hat depends on the season: you won’t be wearing a straw hat in the dead of winter, no matter how much you like it.
- Hair style matters when you wear a hat. If your locks are tied back in a ponytail, your hat won’t stay on as well, nor will it be comfortable. The simple solution: wear your hair down.
Vianei is a fashion blogger from the island of Menorca Baleares in Spain. She lives to wear comfortable, casual clothes most of the time, and there’s rarely the need to dress formally on her Mediterranean island, some 200km off the coast of Spain. If you would like to see more of Vianei’s style, follow her on Instagram (@vianeiangeles).
Do you have any suggestions on how to wear a hat? Leave a comment below.